Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Monday, September 16, 2013

Secret Garden Birdcage

Hello again, Kathi here to share my project for today is featuring The Chipboard Birdcage.

 I cut the bottom of the birdcage in half, glued the two halves together to form a more solid base. I then formed the birdcage around the base of the  half circle. I then created a smaller half circle to attach the top of the bird cage to. I created the back of the cage by cutting it out of chipboard. I painted the entire  birdcage with white gesso. then working  with distress pain antique linen I  covered the cage with the distress paint.


I cut off 4 of the lower bars & I painted one of the gates with antique brass distress paints, adding the gate to the birdcage, 
I added paper to the back of the birdcage.

 I place ivy & flowers on the sides, top & the inside of the birdcage, along with two birds one inside the cage & one on the outside.
 Peacock feathers added on top of the gate along with a rose, the peacock feathers were pained using brown , tan & blue distress paint lightly covered with blue & iridescent glitter


Products used: Gina's Designs

Chipboard Birdcage
Gates Shape Set
Peacock Feathers Shape Set

http://www.ginasdesigns.net/store

Other Supplies Used
Flowers - I am Roses
Distress paint
Two decorative birds 

Thanks for joining me today & have fun crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment