Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Sunday, March 13, 2016

Shabbychic Pincushion & needle book

Good day, it is a great day for shabbychic, thank you for joining me, I am sharing with you my Pincushion & needle book, I have used many laces & trims from Kraft Supplies 4 U. For the pincushion I used a clay ceramic flower pot from the dollor tree. Painted it to an off white & stuffed it with batting & preformed brocade over the batting, forming a snug fit & gluing it to the sides of the pot.


 
 Side view of lace & flat back perals,

 I placed a doilie on the bottom to finish off the pincushion. 

 The needle book is made from the same brocade material as the pincushion. The inside of the needle book a soft felt was added for the pins, needles. All of the trim & lace was hand sewen on after the basic needle book was constructed.  Inside of front cover of the needle book. I created a side pockekt with ivory venice lace. 

 Center of the needle book, it will hold pins & needles.  The back indide cover of the needle book has a lace pocket for small scissors, buttons/snaps etc.

The back of the needle book showing the pretty lace & trims & the pattern of the brocade. 

Supplies Used:
Lace & Trims from KS4U
Brocade from my stash.
Clay pot from the Dollar Tree
Stick Pins from my collections, 


Thanks for stopping by be sure to check out Kraft Supplies 4 U at 
www.ks4u.net/store

Hugs Kathi

No comments:

Post a Comment