Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sisters by chance, & friends by choice

Good Day to all.



Sisters by chance, & friends by choice.
Sisters Mixed Media Canvas


It was started with a 12 X 12 canvas
I painted the canvas with Gesso, sealing the canvas.
I added gesso to all of the elements, and all the flowers.
The elements consisted of resin bird bath,  bird, scroll piece, & window. The metal elements, consisted of a light bulb, two key plates (of different styles), two fancy metal hinges, a book plate, large key, drawer pull, pen nibs, and a Tim Holtz door knob, a conversational plate,  Last but not least two Graphic 45 metal butterflies. A large paper butterfly, and a small teacup & saucer.  I added a large decorative pocket watch, a metal butterflies, which were embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. 


To the painted canvas I added pieces of lace, trims, measuring tape, a textured mess - two different styles. I cut out the two individuals from the photo. Using Mod Podge I place the photos on the canvas then covered the photos with the Mod Podge.  By doing this it protects the photo from one of the last steps, spaying of the color sprays by Lindy Stamp Gang.

I placed the elements around the canvas using hot glue & or E6000. There is no rhyme or reason as to the placement of the elements, I just went by my feelings as where & when they were placed and if I liked them when I placed them. After placing the elements I then added the flowers,

After I was satisfied with the results, I used the Lindy’s Stamp Gang sprays. I used peachy pink, green & a light blue. I started with the lighter of the colors then moving on to the darker colors. This was a fun project to work on. I really like the tiny teacup & saucer I used between the sisters.

Thanks for visiting, please feel free to leave comments & or questions. Have a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment