Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Alice in Wonderland Altered Spool

 
Kathi here to share my latest project for Gina;s Designs.




I covered the spool with graphic 45 paper. I fussy cut several elements out of the paper 
line to use as embellishments.  


 I created the mad hatters hat from cardstock & chipboard. Covered the hat with fabric & trims. 

The hat, the mad hatter & the rabbit.



Alice is looking through the keyhole. Stickles were used on her hair and 
broom as well as glossy accents. 


I have tear drop beads hanging from the top/side of the spool. They where colored with lettuce alcohol ink. A String Alongs -Tea was hung from the right side.



  I added two sayings to the layout. One was placed on the Mad hatters hat & one in front of the pocket watch. One was I'm late, I'm late for an important date, & we're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad. Behind the rabbit & weathered clock is a cardstock doily - Intricate.

 Close up of Clock, This was a pocket watch sticker, I used glossy accents with an acrylic circle that was placed on the face of the pocket watch.  

I hope you liked my project today, and thanks for stopping by.

Supplies Used: Gina’s Designs:

Other Supplies:

Prima Flowers
Graphic 45 – “Alice in Wonderland”
Prima Paper on the Sting Alongs – Teacup “Zephyr”
Lindy’s Stamp Gang – Flat Fabio set - South Shore Sands
Tim Holtz – Weathered Clock
Sticker Jolee’s – Queen
Color box Ink – Worm Green & Mocha Mama
Tim Holtz – Metal Key Hole
Misc. charms from my stash.
Lace & trims from my stash.
Texture Paste.
Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment