Welcome

Thank you for visting my blog. I am fortunate to have friends that love to craft. I hope to meet new frinds as time passes. I have been an avid scrapbooker & crafter since July 1996. Thanks Char. I hope that I can inspire others to enjoy crafting as I have.



Monday, July 14, 2014

1 Stencil 4 Ways

For the month of July I am a guest designer for The Crafters Workshop, I was given a stencil & was asked to use it using 4 different techniques. It was time to put my creative imagination to work. I enjoyed working with the different mediums, textures, colors to create these 12 X 12  canvas layouts.

I used the stencil TCW "280 Blazony"  four different ways, each producing a different look &  textures

1. The technique I used was speckling paste and colorwash along with distress ink & or stain.





2. On the second layout the technique I used was heavy gel with perfect pearls




3. On the third canvas I outlined each section of the stencil with enamel accents then colored each one with a different color alcohol ink, At first I did not like the look until I put all the elements & a photo of my grandson. I liked how it all came together.




4. on the fourth canvas the technique I used was a very simple technique, I sprayed the stencil with Lindy's Stamp Gang. "Star Burst Spray" My Mijito Green



Thanks for stopping by and looking at  what you can do using the same stencil with different mediums achieving a different look on each. Be sure to check out TCW blog to view the rest of the guest designers using the same stencil.

Here is the link to TCW blog http://www.thecraftersworkshop.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment